Thursday, October 13, 2011

Process story

So, one thing I've found is that when I run up against a wall in writing, it's best not to try to force it. If I force myself to write a scene just for the sake of cranking out a certain number of words per day, I invariably end up having to junk it because it's not very good. I find that if I give my brain a little time, the story will tell me what it wants to be?

Let the Force flow, I guess?

Of course, all of this is harder to remember when you're trying to get a book out by a  deadline (even if it is self-imposed).

Also, for the sake of promoting writers not-myself (we're all in it together, after all), I'm currently reading Sweet Venom, by Tera Lynn Childs, which I picked up after hearing it would appeal to Whedon fans. Haven't had as much time to read as I would like due to trying to get  my book done for you guys, but I'm enjoying it so far. Kudos!

No comments:

Post a Comment