Saturday, June 2, 2012

Interview With A Vampire Hunter

A few weeks ago, I blogged about my next project -- specifically, I blogged about how I didn't know what it would be. That remained true until an old college friend of mine contacted me and suggested that I consider submitting a short story to the With A Twist anthology, edited by a talented young woman named Heather Coman.

The idea for With A Twist is to take the traditional mythos/tropes/stereotypes about a particular fantasy race and, well, twist them. This edition of With A Twist focuses on vampires and vampire lore. As anyone who's read my Weaver Saga or Legal Fiction Series (or The Antlerbury Tales) knows, defying genre conventions is one of my favorite pastimes, so I jumped right on it.

And now, after several weeks of frenzied writing, re-writing, re-re-writing, and editing, I am proud to announce that my short story Interview With A Vampire Hunter will be featured in the upcoming edition of With A Twist.

I don't want to say too much about the plot of Interview because the story is best experienced "blind." Spoiling the plot twists would be mean and would diminish the emotional impact of the narrative. So all I will say is that it's a 4,500 word genre-bender of a story. I am very proud of how it turned out and believe I have managed to fit quite a lot into so few words. Whedon aficionados in particular should be on the lookout for a couple of well-placed Buffy references hidden in the text.

So in short, I'm super-psyched. My first anthology publication! I can't wait for you guys to read it.

Now to go back on break for a few weeks and hunker down over Hunter's second coming....

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting Interview with a Vampire Hunter ready for With a Twist - it sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete