Saturday, April 28, 2012

Atticus for the Undead and KDP Select

So I'm trying an experiment.

For th"e next 90 day period, starting today, I have enrolled my novel Atticus for the Undead in the KDP Select program. This means that members of Amazon Prime can now read the book for free by borrowing it from the Kindle Lending Library. (And by the way, when you do that, I still make money!)

I hesitated to do this because I didn't want to shortchange the non-Kindle owners who like my work. But the reality is that the book has sold perhaps a dozen copies on all non-Kindle platforms combined since I published it in November, and I think that readers being able to check the book out of the Lending Library might help it to get better known more quickly.

If this experiment flops, or if I get a sudden flood of hate mail (that's onthebird@gmail.com, folks) from Nook owners asking how I could do this to them, then, at the end of 90 days, I'll put the book back on B&N, Sony, etc. And the Weaver Saga novels will remain available on all platforms.

But in the meantime, you can now try the book at no cost! Tell all your Kindle-owning, Amazon-Prime-subscribing friends!

By way of a reminder, here are some of the things folks are saying about the book:

"...I must say, I'm impressed ... This novel is one of the best I've read in years." Lorraine Nelson

"...creative genius and exceptional writing." Christine Butler, author of The Awakening Trilogy

"It just flies along, and it kept my interest for every page." Book Briefs

So come on -- join the fight for arcane rights! You've got nothing to lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment